“Providing Spatial Data, Information and Innovative Solutions for NTUA”
“GIS will be an easy-to-use decision-making tool available on all NTUA computers that enables access to data and information, promotes innovative solutions and improves customer service to employees and customers.
1. Make GIS Data and tools easily accessible to staff in NTUA departments and to users outside NTUA
2. Maintain catalog of data and information available in GIS
3. Update NTUA GIS/GPS data and implement maintenance plan to keep information in GIS current.
4. Update and enhance the GIS data model so that it supports enterprise-wide access, maintenance and solutions.
5. Develop data collection, creation, submission and storage standards to ensure GIS information is accurate and consistent.
6. Improve methods for generating maps to increase efficiency and timeless of customer service.
7. Develop customized GIS tools to meet Department needs.
8. Improve tracking of NTUA projects that contribute information to or require information from the GIS database to improve communication and data sharing among departments.
9. Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide inventory of GIS software, data and applications.
10. Hold regular meetings with NTUA GIS/GPS user group to ensure that GIS is on track to meet NTUA needs and to support NTUA projects.
11. Provide GIS/GPS training to NTUA staff on GIS data and applications.
12. Monitor GIS cost and data distribution to other agencies, businesses and customers.