|Click here to download PDF FILE
||Here are the few helpful tips you and your family can do to help in conserving energy at your home, and lower your utility bill.
- Electric water heating alone is the second largest percentage of the electric portion of your utility bill; also setting your water heater thermostat to 110 - 120 degrees will save on water heating cost.
- Install low flow showerheads that could result in 10 - 16% reduction in water heating cost.
- Buy energy efficient appliances, products and lights, compact fluorescent lights use 75% less energy than incandescent lights.
- Turn off unneeded lights in your home and in unoccupied rooms.
- Plug leaks in your home by installing weather-stripping or caulk drafty doors and windows; install gaskets behind outlet covers. These items will save up to 10% in energy cost.
- Buy insulated drapes and shut them at night to keep the heat from escaping through the windows.
- Close vents in unused rooms and shut doors to them.