Navajo Tribal Utility Authority®
Here are the few helpful tips you and your family can do to help in conserving energy at your home, and lower your utility bill.
• Electric water heating alone is the second largest
percentage of the electric portion of your utility bill;
also setting your water heater thermostat to
110 - 120 degrees will save on water heating cost.
• Install low flow shower heads that could result in
10 - 16% reduction in water heating cost.
• Buy energy efficient appliances, products and
lights, compact fluorescent lights use 75% less
energy than incandescent lights.
• Turn off unneeded lights in your home and in
• Plug leaks in your home by installing weather-
stripping or caulk drafty doors and windows;
install gaskets behind outlet covers. These items
will save up to 10% in energy cost.
• Buy insulated drapes and shut them at night to
keep the heat from escaping through
• Close vents in unused rooms and shut doors to
2021 Consumer Confidence Report
Environmental Lab & Compliance
Navajo Tribal Utility Authority • P.O. Box 170, Fort Defiance, AZ 86504 • Phone: 1-800-528-5011 Copyright © 2023 NTUA - A proud Enterprise of the Navajo Nation